Covid-19 Response Plan
Guidelines for Opening and Operating a Private Campground in Alberta in 2020
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES:
- Serviced camping only, units must have their own toilet and shower facilities.
- The park's water system needs to be up and running.
- No unserviced or tent camping.
- All stand-alone comfort-stations (washrooms and showers and laundry) should be closed.
- Campers need to put their own garbage into the dumpster provided by park management. No garbage/cigarette butts will be left on the grounds or in the firepits. No recycling except returnables.
- Limit Campground Capacity.
- Campers should be provided with appropriate information about COVID-19 prevention measures and precautions both at the gate during check-in and check-out and through the use of signage throughout the campgrounds.
Recommended: Social/physical distancing
- Sites should be at least 30 feet wide.
- No visitors to campers. This includes both day and/or overnight visitors.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the challenging times. Thank you to the hard-working teams at the CCRVC, RVDA, PCOAA, and of course AHS for these guidelines.
Ed and Jeanne
CCRVC-Canada Camping and Recreational Vehicle Council
PCOAA-Private Campground Operator's Association of Alberta
RVDA-Recreational Vehicle Dealer's Association of Alberta
AHS-Alberta Health Services